Welcome to the 2019 Morris Cup Kata Competition Details Page.
Below are all the details for this years Morris Cup Kata Competition.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Scroll Down for Sponsorship Opportunities!
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Online registration at realjudo.net Walk‐in registration from 2:30 – 3:30pm Saturday, October 12, 2019 at tournament site: BHBL High School.
Competitor Check In and Tournament Start:
ALL COMPETITORS must check in by 4pm Saturday at the tournament site: BHBL High School.
Tournament starts at 5pm Saturday.
Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake High School, 88 Lake Hill Road, Burnt Hills NY 12027
Same Gender Teams and Mixed Gender Teams will compete in same kata divisions.
Current USJI, USJA, USJF, ATJA, Foreign National membership. Copies of current membership for Tori and Uke must be sent with application or presented at registration to be eligible to compete.
Required Forms (ALL to be presented at REGISTRATION):
• A Kata competition entry form for each team for EACH kata division entered.
• A signed competition waiver for each competitor.
• Competitors under age 18: A parent or legal guardian must sign the competition waiver.
• 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals will be awarded to the reams in each kata division.
White judge in regulation size are mandatory for Tori and Uke.
Competing in multiple Kata divisions:
The same team may compete in all (3) katas (Uke and Tori may switch roles).
Separate entry forms must be completed for each kata entered.
• $75 per team (if Paid by October 6, 2019), $35 per team for second kata, $25 per team for third kata.
• $85 Walk-Ins day of registration, $45 for second kata, 35 for third kata entered.
All entry fees must be in US Currency/US Funds
• Postal Money Orders and Certified Bank Checks must be in US Funds.
• Make checks payable to: Jason Morris Judo Center. No refunds (Doctor certificate exemption).
(The competition directors reserve the right to make any changes they deem necessary to insure the safety and fairness to all competitors.)
• Comfort Inn & Suites • 168 Sacandaga Rd. Scotia • NY • 12302 • 518-348-5276 • Morris Cup Judo rate only $99 continental included
• Quality Inn: 2788 Hamburg St. • Schenectady • NY 12303 • 518-355-1111 • Morris Judo rate $89 cont. breakfast included • Indoor pool